Deep brain stimulation (DBS) has helped more than 100,000 patients over a quarter of a century take back their lives. DBS helps control tremors by delivering tiny electrical signals into one of three target areas of the brain that control movement.
DBS has been proven effective for Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
And now, the Denver DBS Center is pleased to offer patients the new two-step Asleep DBS that reduces the number of procedures and surgery time, allows patients to remain asleep during all surgeries, and improves electrode placement.
Why Choose the Denver DBS Center?
- One of only a few centers in the world to provide both Asleep and Awake DBS procedures
- More than six years of experience performing hundreds of DBS surgeries
- Complication rate well below national average
- Superior electrode placement, the most vital aspect of the surgery
- Customized care and attention, with a patient concierge service, coordinated pre- and post-surgery visits, and inpatient programming
- Partners with your neurologist